Most of the time, sons watch their dads and try to follow them. No matter whether dads are talking on the cell phone, communicating with the waiter or shopkeeper, or giving way to a woman while driving, sons are always watching them. They will follow their dads, especially the way to treat women. So, let’s find out how you can make your son learn good behavior from you while dealing with girls.
Treat Everybody with Respect and Dignity
Your way of speaking with other people will be adopted by you soon sooner or later. No doubt, actions speak louder than words that’s why you must treat everybody with respect and dignity. For instance:
- Standing up for other people when their respect and dignity is being defied
- Be kind with others
- Think about your words and actions, and evaluate how they affect other
Recognize Everybody is Unique
Every person is unique from one another because of their specific skills and talents. Dads must teach their sons to recognize and respect these traits in others. For instance:
- Staying away from labels and stereotypes
- Using deeds and words that boost others
- Taking time to know others as you may meet new loyal friends
Be a Gentleman
Treat others like a gentleman and always give importance to their needs. For example:
- Search for the ways to help others
- Be energized by compassion
- Consider making every situation better for others
- Be selfless instead of selfish
Communication is Important
It is not necessary to always make an effort to solve an issue. Every person wants to be heard, so listen to them carefully and then speak accordingly. The following are some ways to accomplish effective communication.
- Try to understand other’s viewpoint
- Think positive about others
- Be a learner when approaching any conversation
If you follow the above-given ways to communicate with others, then your son will also copy you.
No means no
Every individual has set some boundaries, so it is important to respect their boundaries. For instance:
- Understand the boundaries of others
- Be friendly in endorsing their boundaries
- Set up your boundaries
As a father, it is your responsibility to teach good habits to your son so that he treats others with respect and dignity. The above-mentioned ways will help you teach your boy about treating others, especially girls.