Improve Home Safety for your Baby
When you are having a baby, there are so many things you need to consider. One of those concerns is home safety for your baby. Babies are a naturally curious creature and they like to explore the things around them. There are so many accident happens every year because of parent’s negligence to the home safety of a baby. Here we have shared some home safety ideas by which you can improve home safety for your baby.
- The first step to an infant baby’s safety is making his/her crib a safe heaven. Small babies need to have a comfortable mattress which is fully fitted in the crib.
- Make sure the crib’s bars are not too wide, at least not more than 23/8 when you buy it. In case, you are not in a position to replace the one with wide bars, try hanging a curtain type cloth between the bars for baby’s safety.
- When an infant baby starts pulling up, make sure you remove the pillows, stuffed toys and things from his crib as he/she might try to climb his/her way out of the crib.
- After 8 months, usually a baby starts crawling, this is the time to remove some things like mobile phone, laptop, and delicate objects like a vase, decoration pieces, books from the bedroom as your bedroom could become a minefield if your baby gets his/her hand on them.
- Any kind of cords including electric, curtain, and drapes should be kept out of baby’s reach as the baby could strangle him/herself accidentally with these.
Other Areas of Home:
- Try installing a gate at the stairs, so that your baby could not get through to off-limits areas.
- Use cushions around the baby, they can protect the baby from serious injury if baby falls on them.
- Use child locks in all cabinets to secure the small items that may in danger the home safety of a baby.